Contenu du cours
A comprehensive introduction to the technical background and clinical application of Neurofeedback. This course includes lectures, demonstration, discussion and hands-on practical experience. You work in groups of two on our own neurofeedback systems that are approved as medical device. You will acquire the knowledge and experience to begin working with this exciting technique for improving self-regulation and enhancing brain function. The method was developed by the Othmers during the past 25 years. The course is intended for persons with therapeutic experience that want to learn this approch that is known for its high efficacy. After attending this course you will be able to immediately implement neurofeedback in your practice.
Especially experienced therapists are highly interested in this symptom-based neurofeedback approach. Learn more about this approach and about the Infra Low Frequency (ILF) training from the inventors!
The language can be selected on the registration form. German and English courses are held parallel in separate rooms.
Langage du cours
Anglais ou Allemand
Après avoir assisté à ce cours, vous serez en mesure de
- Describe the EEG training process
- Use Neurofeedback instrumentation at a basic level
- Assess new clients for viability of Neurofeedback training
- Describe Neurofeedback protocols for clinical and peak-performance applications
- Assess progress and completion of training
Ce que vous apprendrez
- Learn about the technical basics of the functionality of Neurofeedback systems and of EEG signal processing.
- Learn mechanisms of neurophysiologic self-regulation and how specific patterns of disregulation lead to physical, emotional and behavioural symptoms.
- Gain experience with Neurofeedback instrumentation that exercises the brains mechanisms of self-regulation and improves brain function.
- Learn about assessment tools that allow new insight into your patient’s symptoms and guide Neurofeedback training.
- Gain knowledge and skills that will allow you to incorporate Neurofeedback into your clinical practice.
- Begin empowering your patients to function better and increase their ability to benefit from other therapies.
Horaire de cours en détail
Scientific Basis of Neurofeedback - Part 1
- History and development of Neurofeedback
- Results of research in the field of Neurofeedback
- Overview of established Neurofeedback methods
Technical Basics and Backgrounds
- Basics of EEG signal processing: amplifier, filter, sampling rate
- Basics of EEG analysis: frequency, amplitude, phase, filters, thresholds
- Practical application of EEG measurement: impedance, artefacts, electrodes
Scientific Basis of Neurofeedback Part 2
- Emerging models of neurological regulation
- Self-regulation, arousal and EEG
- The disregulation model
- Introduction to Neurofeedback instrumentation
- 10-20 system of electrode placement
- CPT (Continuous Performance Test) assessment
The Clinical Model
- Neurophysiological mechanisms of self-regulation
- Arousal and instability
- Neurofeedback as learned self-regulation of state
- Basic neurofeedback protocols
- Demonstration of Neurofeedback session
- Personal training (starting sites)
- Optimizing reward frequency
Discussion of personal training results
Symptom Profiles and Basic Neurofeedback Protocols
- Symptoms Related to Disregulation Model
- Physiological subtypes
- Clinical and peak performance applications
- Symptom tracking
- Personal training (basic sites)
Discussion of personal training results
Assessment and case management
- Interview and baseline testing
- Treatment plan
- Outcome measures
Protocol Decision Tree
- Initial training session
- Inter-hemispheric and single hemisphere training
- Adding training sites
- Integrating alpha-theta training
Completion Test and Evaluation Forms
- Alpha-Theta demonstration
- Personal training (AT session)
Familiarity with the content of the following books will be assumed but is not mandatory:
- Primer of EEG: With a Mini-Atlas by A. James Rowan, Eugene Tolunsky
- The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy by Louis Cozolino
- A Symphony in the Brain by Jim Robbins
- ADD the 20 Hour Solution by Mark Steinberg and Siegfried Othmer
Équipement en neurofeedback
We supply neurofeedback systems for the practicum. In case you already have NeuroAmp/Cygnet, you are invited to bring it along and use it during the practicum.
Please bring along an adapter for the German system if necessary.